Have you ever thought that it would be pretty cool to work with a company that enabled you to make a meaningful difference in millions of people’s lives, work with a small team of pretty awesome (and humble of course...) people, have a big voice in company direction, and hopefully learn and grow as a person? If so, keep on readin’ because if you’re the right person for our open sales role, then we’re hoping that we can check all of those boxes for you!
At goHappy, our Mission is to help ALL frontline workers feel valued and connected so they can reach their full potential. We know that sounds pretty lofty. Especially for a start-up. But, we’re convinced that it’s a problem worth solving and one that can be solved. It’s all a matter of the people on our team, with a huge piece of this hanging on who is uncovering the pain points of our target audience companies, discerning and demonstrating how our platform can help them solve those pain points, and bringing them into the goHappy family so that we can help them. That’s where you come in because one of our most critical needs right now is an awesome Senior Business Development Manager who can do all of that in alignment with our Core Values:
- Collaborative. Don’t feel like you’ll be bearing the weight of the world on your shoulders. You’ll be part of a team that loves to be doing great things together as a team. We’re not going to have all of the answers, but we are driven to help each other solve hard problems that we most likely haven’t encountered in the past.
- Accountable. Are you the type of person that loves to work with other people but can always be counted on to deliver on your commitments? We’re not big enough to look over each other’s shoulders all the time (and that’s no fun anyway). We need a team member that is driven by autonomy and loves hitting their goals.
- Passionate. Are you passionate about life? Like, you really want to do cool stuff in all areas of your life - hobbies, family and of course work - and already do that now? Then, you’re our kind of people. We love working with passionate people, who will be passionate about helping us live out our mission statement.
Here’s what we’d love and need from you in this role:
- Proactively identify, contact and build relationships with our target audience through being the trusted expert - and definitely not being salesy.
- That means that you have to want to become THE trusted expert.
- Build authentic relationships with our target audience. Demonstrate that you care about them, their business and their unique pain points.
- Build, manage, and continually develop a sales pipeline to achieve targets for new business.
- “Own” your business - your territory. We want you to feel like you’re the CEO of it.
- Lead great discovery calls in a manner that collects specific information about the client and their needs.
- Through a consultative sales approach, present goHappy’s capabilities by challenging the prospect’s assumptions about their current solutions.
- Concisely articulate goHappy’s value proposition and marketplace differentiation to prospects.
- Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles - because they will be there.
- Be an awesome team player - share what you’re learning and your stories with fellow team members. Make the whole team better.
- Love change.
- Crush your monthly, quarterly and annual targets. Or at least hit them!
- Do all of this without a big brand behind you. Because hardly anyone knows who we are yet. You get to help solve that.
- And, obviously do all of this in full alignment with our mission, vision, and values. None of this matters if you don’t.
What You’ll Bring
- Proven B2B sales experience and success. Experience in software, SaaS, and/or the human capital space is really needed.
- Experience managing a strategic sale, including selling unbudgeted solutions to multiple executives and decision-makers, creating value in a competitive environment and managing internal partnerships.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding sales quota. That means you should have a lot of trophies or plaques or something like that. Or at least some cool pics from your sales club trips.
- Proficiency with CRM or sales tracking tools required. If you’ve used Hubspot, that’s a bonus.
- Outstanding relationship building experience and communication skills. That starts with being a great listener.
- Self-confident but not cocky.
- Some serious resiliency and positivity.
- Ability to organize and manage your territory. And, most definitely your time.
- Hustle. Self-starter style.
- A passion to help goHappy live out its Mission.
What you can expect from goHappy:
A true start-up environment with the ability to help the company realize its lofty Vision, no BS hoops to jump through to get stuff done and the freedom to make decisions that you think are the right ones.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes all the stuff you’d expect in a SaaS based sales role - base salary, high percentage commission structure with fun escalators, additional incentives for top performers, fun sales club dinners and trips and ongoing training and development. And, of course the trophies and plaques. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision, 401K, unlimited vacation days (and we really hope and encourage you to go do some really cool stuff!), a casual and fun work environment, and numerous additional employee perks (did we mention getting to work with some really fun and talented people yet?).
And, hopefully you’ll get a lot more than just this. This is just a short list so you’ll hopefully at least want to chat.